Garlic as Ayurvedic Tonic: Builds Strength and Stamina, and Enhances General Wellbeing
Ayurveda refers to an ancient system of medical treatment that is associated with ancient Indian medicine. As an Ayurvedic tonic, garlic has been used as a natural medicinal herb that boosts the body's immunity, helps build its strength and improve its general wellbeing.
This type of treatment rejuvenates the body, builds its strength and stamina and enhances its overall health and wellness. These are some of the many amazing benefits and uses that modern medicine is adopting.
Follow this link to learn more about Ayurvedic medicine and treatment.
To increase their strength and stamina, legend has it that builders of the Egyptian pyramids were consuming garlic daily. This was believed to enhance their physical strength and thus help them become more efficient and effective in labor. During the first Olympic Games in ancient Greece, Olympians are also said to have consumed garlic before participating in the sporting activities.
Read more about the history of the amazing benefits and uses of garlic.
Garlic contains an ingredient known as allicin that is responsible for enhancing the body’s strength and general health and welfare. This powerful organosulfur compound has the following properties:
- Antibiotic: Since allicin is a very strong natural antibiotic, garlic enhances the body’s ability to fight diseases as well as its general health and wellness. For instance, allicin helps in fighting cancer, colds and other ailments.
- Antioxidant: Allicin is also an antioxidant and helps in maintaining normal, healthy blood circulation and removing toxins from the body.
- Aphrodisiac: The fragrant clove has been used as an aphrodisiac since ancient times due to its blood stimulation capability.
- Reduces cholesterol levels: Chewing a few cloves of garlic helps in controlling the levels of cholesterol accumulation in the body.
- Lowers blood pressure: Consuming garlic is known to reduce the risk of hypertension.
Garlic and How It Boosts Strength
A clove of garlic a day is enough to boost testosterone levels for men and general body strength for both genders. Its use also reduces stress and bad moods. To further enhance stamina, garlic should be supplemented with proteins.
Garlic also helps in fighting heart and respiratory diseases. If consumed in the right way, it contributes a lot towards boosting stamina and strength as an Ayurvedic tonic thereby greatly enhancing the body's overall wellness.
Garlic as Ayurvedic Tonic: How Does Garlic Boost Stamina?
To answer this, let us look at the following:
- Garlic allows blood flow, alleviates muscle tensions and raises testosterone levels. This combination of properties makes the body to achieve maximum stamina needed in various life activities. As mentioned earlier, garlic was used by builders who built the Egyptian pyramids to generate maximum stamina.
To Know More Read: Garlic was Used in Ancient Greece and Rome as Food and Medicine
- The use of garlic helps muscles recover quickly from soreness which may arise from exercising. It is advisable to use garlic supplements to aid in the quick recovery from exercise-induced soreness.
- The use of garlic helps the body to fight the accumulation of excessive body fats that could be detrimental in gaining stamina.
The use of garlic as an Ayurvedic tonic is because of allicin which benefits the human body in many ways. Garlic promotes the body’s general health and wellbeing because of the number of diseases that this natural ingredient fights. Allicin also helps boost the body’s immunity and flush out toxins.
Garlic can also be used as a natural aphrodisiac because it stimulates the blood thus increasing libido.
Ancient sportsmen and soldiers used garlic to increase their stamina and strength and thus enhance their overall performance.
To obtain maximum benefits from garlic, it should be used in its natural form. Preferably, it should be consumed raw. Read: Benefits of Eating Raw Garlic on Empty Stomach