5 Most Effective Fat Burning Exercises To Do At Home
Every fitness professional will always tell you the most effective ways of losing weight and gaining muscles. It would definitely include maintaining a healthy diet and working out regularly in the gym. However, in this fast moving and busy life, not everyone gets time to hit the gym for losing weight.
Moreover, a lot of people join gym with certain goals. But when it comes to being regular, many of them get lag behind. One of the main reasons apart from having a busy lifestyle is joining a gym or setting it up at home could be a costly affair in today’s time.
Many obese or over-weight people also feel intimidated or humiliated by people with better physique. They lack confidence and avoid working out in a public atmosphere like gym or health clubs. Sometimes, they also feel uncomfortable in certain clothing at gym during workout. They remain conscious of themselves and as a result they try to avoid hitting gym.
If you are facing one of these problems, there is nothing to worry about. We have collated some really effective exercises for you. If you have control on your diet then there are a whole lot of fat burning exercises that can be done at home.
These exercises help in not only reducing fat but also in toning the shape of your body. There is no set regulation to join a gym if you can follow these 5 exercises for workout session at home.
1. Mountain Climbers
Mountain Climbers is one of the toughest exercises which create painful tension in the muscles. It serves well in burning unwanted fat from your body and shaping it up perfectly. This is a great exercise to be done at home as it does not require any gym equipment but works really well in sweating. If it is done correctly, it may feel like a punishment to the body.
This exercise is totally about balancing your body perfectly. It assists the body in not only burning calories but also helps in maximizing stamina and solidifying the core. Hence, it proves to enhance the overall balance of the body. Unlike others, it has a very simple set of movement that can be practiced anywhere while having a great impact on the body. It also can serve the purpose of cardio training if the repetitions are done more quickly.
How to do it:
- Come in to the plank position and place both the hands on the floor in a way that your palms are aligned with the respective shoulders. Extend your legs behind and balance yourself on your toes keeping your body straight from head to toe.
- Lift one foot; start bending your knee that it ends up under your midsection.
- While pulling one knee up keep the other knee at the same position and in the same posture do not bend the other knee.
- Once your knee is pulled up to the maximum limit, try to hold it for a brief moment. Then stretch the leg back to its former position.
- Once the first leg is back to where you started, you are ready for the repetition. Repeat the same action with your other knee.
2. Side Planks with Leg Raises
Everybody wants to perform the exercise which works on more than one muscle group. Side Planks with Leg Raises is one of the most effective exercises when it comes to having an impact on multiple muscle groups at single time. It is quite a challenging exercise which never makes you get bored.
This particular exercise targets your different body parts like shoulders, waist and outer thighs the most. Simultaneously, it also works on your gluteal muscle group which usually remains under worked in some exercises.
It is a compound exercise which focuses on the outer thighs. It helps in building core strength as it requires a lot of endurance, strength and coordination of the entire body. That is why it’s one of the toughest exercises to master in one go.
How to do it:
- Place your right elbow on the ground straight under your shoulder.
- Extend both the legs out in such a way that your body is in one straight line.
- Balance yourself with the help of outside edge of your right foot.
- Flex both the feet and open your left hand straight in the direction of the ceiling.
- When you are set in that position try lifting your left leg up as high as possible. Then slowly lower it back to your bottom leg. And repeat the same process with the other side.
Always remind yourself to keep your back straight to reduce the chances of back pain. Moreover, due to straight spine, abs automatically becomes a part of this exercise.
3. Jack- Knife Crunches:
Jack- Knife Crunches are one of the most effective exercises when it comes to the toning of both upper and lower abs. It engages muscles from both the abdominal areas at the same time which creates more impact on the abdominal muscles. Hence, it provides better toning in minimum amount of time. The angle of movement in these crunches causes maximum tension in the targeted abdominal muscles which not only helps in toning but also aids in strengthening the abdominal muscle fibres.
Jack – Knife crunches are highly beneficial in toning the lower abs which is quite difficult to target without any gym equipment. Moreover, beyond your upper and lower abs this exercise targets 12 other muscles. They are the secondary muscles in this exercise which are chest, gluteus and thighs etc. According to the “Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapy” published in 2009, Jack – Knife crunches are quoted as the “best” abdominal exercise.
How to do it:
- Lie flat on the floor and straighten your legs.
- Make the extension of arms straight to back of your head as your biceps almost touching your ears.
- Don’t forget to exhale as you get into this position as described. Controlling the breathing is the key make its effect better.
- Now, raise both arms and legs to meet at the top position. When at this position you must balance yourself with help of your bottoms.
- Try keeping your legs straight at about an angle of 35-45 degree from the floor and your arms should be parallel to your legs.
It is important to keep in mind that while you move up to get in this position, inhale and then lower your arms and legs to get back to the starting position. And, repeat.
This is a perfect cardio exercise which tones your core, upper body and legs simultaneously. It is a high intensity cardio exercise which requires good stamina and helps in boosting metabolism. It is hard to perform but it helps a lot in losing weight and works hard on overall body fat. It concentrates on major muscle groups to reduce unwanted fat and tone them effectively. It is one of the best examples of complete functional exercise.
Since, burpees focus on all important muscles in the body, it helps in burning more calories in much lesser time. It is a high intensity exercise which also aids in improving your cardio vascular endurance and stamina. On the other hand, it also encourages the balance and co-ordination of your body as a whole.
How to do it:
One complete round of a burpee is divided in to four moves:
- Stand straight with your feet wide apart.
- From a standing position, get down to squat position.
- Keeping your hands right in front of your feet touching the ground.
- Keep your hands extended and come in to the plank position by throwing your feet back with slight jerk.
- Now, jump your legs back to the previous position near your hands. Come to finish position for repetition while jumping in the air with both arms stretched upwards.
Lunges are exemplary in shaping and toning of thighs. Simultaneously, they melt fat from them by targeting the quadriceps muscles. If you are looking to give a better shape to your thighs then lunges is something you need to add in your daily workout list.
Lunges are a high endurance and calorie burning exercise. This exercise works miracles for the entire thigh muscle group. It also works on the lower back muscles to help in toning thighs and waist areas of the body better. It positively affects your back and helps in reducing problems of back ailments with better upper body posture.
Lunges not only work on quadriceps but also target other major muscle group in legs like hamstrings and calves. Hence, it is a great exercise for providing a complete workout for legs.
How to do it:
- Keep your upper body straight with your shoulders relaxed hands perpendicular to the ground.
- Step forward with one leg and start lowering your hips to a point at which both the knees are bent at 90- degrees.
- Keep your chin straight and do not look down while you bend for the repetition. Every repetition you do try to do it by involving core of the body.
Always keep in mind while doing the reps that the ankle of front leg should be under and in line with the knee and not pushed out. The other knee should not be touching the floor. After a pause in this position push yourself back to start position by keeping the bodyweight on your heels.
To make it more challenging you can add a slight jump while switching the leg positions.